Gas Alarm Systems is committed to continuing sustainable development of its business activities by ensuring it meets the needs of clients, legislation, regulation and society in general with the use of responsible business policies, legal compliance, operational systems and accreditations.
With independent verification by BSI, via ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Systems & ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems and ISO45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, Gas Alarm Systems design, assemble, distribute, install, service and maintain gas detection equipment to latest Standards.
We endeavour to provide world-class quality products and offer first-class client services, system design, installation, servicing and maintenance. We have long-established ISO9001 system and have recently been awarded accreditation to ISO14001 & ISO 45001.
Wherever possible Gas Alarm Systems procure materials, parts and components from ethical and sustainable sources. Components include high quality electronic parts, circuit boards and interconnecting cables, enabling the finished product to have a long life cycle (in the region of 15-25 years).
We work to the basic rule of ethical business conduct and as such, are committed to high ethical standards in our business dealings to ensure the integrity of our employees and our organisation is maintained at all times. As a Group we are “B member” of SEDEX regarding our commitment ethical trading. Our membership number is: S000000048642.
Business continuity processes are in place, which analyse major risks to the business. These are categorised in priority and relevant mitigation measures are put in place. These are subject to continual review.
Practical Measures In Progress
- Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental & Ethical Management Systems
- Carbon Footprint calculations
- Operational and system design efficiencies
- New product design projects
- Opportunities to improve services to clients
- Product life-cycle/impact commitment to review products as part of long-term systems
- Productivity and testing methods
- Risk management
- Community and social aspect and impact projects
- Occupational health and safety within the business activities
- Ethical policy/employment practices
- Training and development
- Sustainable Operations Code of Practice is a recently issued Company document, which sets out to state our on-going commitments to sustainable development as a company