Latest NewsNews » Auto Testing Toxic Gas Transmitter
Auto Testing Toxic Gas Transmitter
Introducing the latest and most advanced toxic gas transmitter on todays market. How do you know your gas transmitter is working? Because it was tested 6 months ago? Because it was tested 3 months ago? Because it was tested last week? Introducing the very latest smart gas transmitter that carries out a full self test (including application of test gas) every day.
ATIs F12 Gas Transmitter is designed to measure toxic gas in hazardous locations requiring an Intrinsically Safe (IS) device. A non-IS version is also available for non-hazardous locations. Each version utilizes a digital communications protocol.
For many toxic gases, ATI offers a unique sensor response testing system unmatched by any competitive transmitter. Even outdoors in high wind conditions, the Auto-Test system provides reliable response checks to insure system integrity. Sensor response is verified with an actual gas sample, generated on demand. Generators store run time information accessible to operators, and are automatically tested for compatibility with the installed sensor.
F12 transmitters provide useful features that simplify installation, operation, and maintenance. The 4-button keypad is used to configure the menu-driven setup pages. The display also provides alarm indication and complete menus for setting up operating parameters.
The IS version of the transmitter is available with HART™ communications. The HART™ protocol supports the HART™ Universal and Common Practice Commands at 1200 baud using the Bell 202 FSK modem standard. The non-IS version of the transmitter is available with MODBUS™ communications. The MODBUS™ protocol supports 9600 baud access to concentration and status information, and supports alarm setup and many other functions on either RS485 or RS232 (software selectable).
- LCD Graphics Display: Gas Concentrations are displayed in large, easy to read numbers. The display also provides alarm indication and complete menus for setting up operating parameters.
- Internal Data Logger: Measured gas values are stored at user definable intervals and can be recalled when needed on the LCD display. Data can be downloaded using a HART TM or MODBUS TM interface.
- Sensor Calibration History: Each time a sensor is zeroed out or calibrated,the data is stored in memory. Calibration history can be recalled and sensor condition reviewed by operating personnel whenever necessary.
- Non-Intrusive Operation: Operating functions such as calibration, alarm setup, alarm reset, data view and setup options are all available using sealed front panel switches on the face of the Nema 4X transmitter enclosure.
- Heated Sensor Option: For use in applications where condensation is a problem, this heater option keeps the sensor above the dew point to eliminate loss of sensitivity due to moisture blockage on the sensor face.
- Output Simulation: Transmitter analog output can be set to user definable values and relay outputs can be set to specific states for complete simulation of detection system operation. Output and alarms may also be inhibited for maintenance and calibration.
- Gas Type: Customer selected from available sensor list.
- Sensor Type: Electrochemical for toxic gasses and oxygen.
User adjustable within limits of selected sensor module.
- Response Time: Sensor dependent.
- Accuracy: Generally +/- 10% of value, but limited by available calibration gas accuracy.
- Electronic: Repeatability: +/-1%
- Electronic Linearity: +/-0.5%
- Zero Drift: Less than 2% full scale per month, non-cumulative.
- Span Drift: Dependent on operating environment but generally less than 3% per month.
- Analog Output: Loop-powered 4-20 mA, 800 ohms maximum at 24 VDC.
- Serial Interface: HART TM (1200 baud modem interface)
MODBUS TM (1200-9600, 14.4k, 28.8k-RS232 or RS485, s/w selectable)
- Power: 12-30 VDC, 25 mA maximum in loop-powered mode
12-30 VDC, 200 mA maximum in 3-wire mode.
115 or 230 VAC 50/60 Hz.
- Heated Sensor Power: 24 VDC connection, 250 mA max. (AC Units Supply Heater Power)
- Alarm Relay Option: Three SPST, 5 A© 230 VAC resistive
- Relay Coil: Programmable either normally energized or normally de-energized.
- Enclosure: Nema 4X poly carbonate.
- Controls: 4 program switches on front of transmitter.
- Operating temperature: -30° to +50° C (minimum temp. for O2 sensor is -10° C.)
- Weight: 1lb (.5 Kg)
- F12 Literature.pdf
- Contact our specialist team